I have been working for Magento for last 6 years. I designed such functionality as Magento 2 Search and Assync operations (for EE), Catalog Inventory. Also I’ve been involved into many general stuff routines as Magento 2 Service Contracts and performance optimizations on different levels. At the beginning of 2017 , I was asked to join a team of four (Community Engineering team) by Max. And consider this as a great opportunity which will bring Magento to another level. Because if you want to be an Open Source you have to keep the door open for Community’s contributions and ideas.
2:30 pm — April 27, 2016
Topics covered by this presentation:
- What does "Backwards Compatible" mean in case of Magento
- What's Backward Сompatibility Policy Magento follows
- What Chages are considered as MAJOR, MINOR and PATCH
- API and Customization Points in contrast to Private Code
- @API demarcation and “honest" contracts
- How to detect which version of the module should 3rd party developer depend upon
- Prohibited code changes and how to avoid them
- Examples of backward compatible changes in code
Venue Meet Magento CZ
Černý Most, Chlumecká 765/6, 190 00 Praha
Subscribe to Meet Magento CZ Newsletter
No spam, ever. Your email address will only be used for Meet Magento CZ News and you
can easily unsubscribe with a single click at any time.